Fall is well underway and it’s finally time for cozy sweaters and boots. With the cooler weather, it can be easy to want to curl up on the couch and watch Netflix all day. I can’t be the only one craving comfort foods! While mac & cheese might taste good, it usually leaves me feeling tired and sluggish… and less likely to move off the couch! It’s a cycle that’s easy to get stuck in so I came up with some easy tips to stay healthy and get moving this autumn season.
- Drink warmth! Chai tea and Ginger tea are both considered to have heating properties in Ayurvedic practices. While I love peppermint tea, it has a cooling nature and might be better during warmer months.
- Soups are a great way to satisfy a comfort food craving. I like to load mine up with vegetables because I’m never in the mood for a salad when it’s cold out! It’s also a great thing to have in the fridge for a quick and easy meal later in the week.
- Eat seasonal foods to avoid falling into a kitchen rut. Squashes, sweet potatoes and apples are all delicious this time of year and can add some variety to your dishes.
- Add cinnamon to everything!! It’s a quintessential fall spice and adds great flavor. I love it in oatmeal, coffee, greek yogurt, baked goods, sweet potatoes – you name it.
- Get outside! The changing leaves are breathtaking and should be enjoyed. Plus, it’s an excuse to break out your cute new scarf 🙂